In the Tennessee Regional High School Ethics Bowl, student participants are brought together to deliberate thoughtfully and dialogue respectfully with one another about challenging moral issues.
- NIMBioS Receives Department of Defense Grant for Research on Political InstabilityNIMBioS’s Sergey Gavrilets recently received a grant from the US Department of Defense for a project that will develop new mathematical modeling tools to investigate political revolutions and the resilience of human societies to shocks.
- UT Already has Tenure Assessment System, Says Plaut in KNS Op-EdIn a recent letter to the editor of the News Sentinel, UT math professor Conrad Plaut explains that the faculty previously interviewed by the News Sentinel concerning the enhanced post-tenure performance review proposed by the Board of Trustees, don’t speak for all UT faculty.
- Top of Mind with Julie Rose and Guest, Karen LloydUT microbiology assistant professor Karen Lloyd interviewed with the host of Brigham Young University’s Radio show, ‘Top of Mind’ with Julie Rose.
- Black Weighs in on What Tenure Means to UT FacultyWhat does tenure mean to UT faculty? Tenure means protection for faculty to do their job, according to UT history professor Monica Black in a recent letter to the News Sentinel editor.
- UT Honors Algal Blooms Expert with Cox ProfessorshipSteven Wilhelm, a microbiologist who is developing methods that could help scientists understand and mitigate the effects of bacteria and algal blooms in oceans and large lakes, has been named a James R. Cox Professor.
- Awkward Politics: Technologies of Popfeminist Activism
- Afro-Atlantic Flight: Speculative Returns and the Black Fantastic
- Racing Against Racism
- Poseidon’s Curse: British Naval Impressment and Atlantic Origins of the American Revolution
- Regeneration through Empire: French Pronatalists and Colonial Settlement in the Third Republic